A Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP for short) is a permit issued to bridge the gap between the expiry of the work permit and the final decision on a submitted permanent residence application. If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit that will soon expire and you have applied for permanent residence through the Express Entry system, you may be eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit. The BOWP is only available to applicants to the economic class permanent residence programs. This operates like an open work permit, which enables the holder to work for multiple employers in multiple locations.

Have you applied for permanent residency and need a bridging work permit? Speak with one of our consultants today to help you take the right step.