One of the biggest hurdles for trying to immigrate to Canada is the job offer from a Canadian employer. Obtaining your first job in Canada is an important step in your immigration journey. At Wisa, we recognize that you want to find work in Canada that matches your experience, expertise, and education.
Beyond preparing for your arrival in Canada, finding work in Canada may entitle you to other benefits, such as:
- Becoming eligible for and/or gaining more points under the Skilled Worker/Professional program for Canadian permanent residence
- Speeding up your Canadian permanent residence application process.
- Qualifying under one of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program.
There are a few things you’ll need to know about finding a job in Canada:
- Find out who is hiring. What the top industries that are hiring in 2021? After obtaining this knowledge, you can search the Government of Canada’s Job Bank. for jobs that match your skills and education.
- Learn the ins and outs of the Canadian Labour Market. Canada has legislated Labour Standards that establish minimum requirements that must be followed by Canadian employers in their relations with employees. The purpose of the standards is to ensure that employees work in an environment that is safe and responds to their needs.
- Ensure your educational and training credentials are recognized.
- Spruce up your resume. A resume is a future employer’s first impression of you and your goal should be to make it a winning one. Learn what is effective to have on a resume, and what will be undesirable to employers.
- Network. One of the best ways to find a job is talking to people on platforms such as LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a social network focused on professionals. You might be already using it, you might not, but if you want to make your way as a professional in Canada, this is a very popular option. Through LinkedIn you can create a professional profile where Canadian recruiters can take a look in case they are looking for someone with your qualities.
Call us at 905-564-6450 to speak with our consultants. We will help assess your prospects. Let us help you start your journey today.