Once you have your details submitted into the Express Entry pool, it is now time to start looking for a job. But, how can you find one sitting in India? Are there any portals or websites that can help?
Yes, there is!
With the Canada Job Bank, you can now apply for jobs in Canada sitting in India.
Once your online express entry application is completed, the candidate is issued a PRF or Personal Reference Number. Using this number, you can now file your resume in the Canada Job Bank.
What is the Canada Job Bank?
The Canada Job Bank is a portal where potential candidates in the Express Entry pool can apply for jobs. Also, the candidate can subsequently, submit his/her resumes or paste resumes to any of the websites with the Personal Reference Number.
Some websites you can use to look for jobs in Canada:
- Jo Bank
How can you look for a job in Canada?
To start your job search, you need to:
- Start by creating an account with Canada’s Job Bank
- Promote yourself on private-sector job boards for employers based out of Canada to connect with you and subsequently offer a job
In case you do not find a job before immigrating to Canada, you can still keep using the service.
When you have applied for Express Entry, and have your Personal Reference Number, you can then create a Plus Account with the following steps:
- Go to the Job Bank and click on ‘sign up
- Choose the ‘Plus account’
- Enter your email address, set a new password, and ‘Continue’ the form
- Subsequently, you will get a confirmation code sent to your email, click on the code to continue
- Select any 5 questions as your security options, and answer them
- In the next step, add the ‘User Authentication option.
- Click on ‘I have an Express Entry profile number, and I would like to register for a Plus account on Job Bank.’
- Enter your personal details, click on ‘I agree’ and finish the form
- Once you choose the Plus account, you consequently need to add your profile details and upload or make a new resume.
Note: When choosing a postal code, enter the subsequent code where you want to work in Canada.
When you apply for a job with your Express Entry account details, you will only match with jobs posted 30 days prior.
Want to improve your chances of getting selected in the Express Entry job pool? Connect with us at email@example.com or call us on our Toll-Free number 1800-123-9212 today!