The FSTP is for people who are qualified and willing to take up skilled trade jobs in Canada. Applicants skilled in trades can migrate through this program.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- meet Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for speaking and listening, and 4 for reading and writing
- have at least 2 years of full-time paid work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
- meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification
- have a valid job offer of full-time employment for at least 1 year or
- certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority
- no education required, but you can provide your educational qualification to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool
- must be admissible to Canada.
- must plan to live outside the province of Quebec